Sunday, September 24, 2006

Working 9 to 5

Originally written on 18th September 2006 4.13pm

Another start of a working week. These days I've been struggling to keep ahead and it's a daily battle to keep focused. I can't help but think I need to reevaluate the direction my career is heading seriously.

I've been lucky. The people I have worked with have been nothing but amazing. The support and encouragement I've received has been pivotal in getting as far as I have. There's always something missing. Perhaps it's the waking up and feeling like you WANT to go to work? I'm not exactly hoping to bounce out of bed every morning and skip to work but I suppose if only I had a bit more enthusiasm it would be make a difference.

I guess it's all about an attitude change ... or a career change!

But what would I do? What CAN I do?

Unfortunately I'm not particularly talented at anything. If only I was born with an aptitude for something extremely rare then I would just KNOW what I'm going to do. But then when you have a gift, it also means your life depends on it. Then being a jack of all trades would mean I'd never be the best I can be at something because basically I'm mediocre at everything.

What to do? What to do??

No comments: